Remington 700 gunstocks upgrades
When it comes to the world of long-range shooting and hunting, few rifles have left an indelible mark on the industry quite like the Remington 700. Since its inception in 1962, the Remington 700 has earned a reputation for its exceptional accuracy, reliability, and versatility. Over the years, it has become a staple among hunters, law enforcement officers, and competitive shooters alike. This iconic bolt-action rifle is available in various calibers and configurations, making it suitable for nearly any shooting application. But what many enthusiasts may not realize is the importance of upgrading the stocks on their Remington 700 to truly unleash the rifle's potential.
In this article, we will explore the reasons why upgrading your Remington 700's stock is essential, and how it can improve your shooting experience. From increased accuracy and customization options to enhanced ergonomics and performance in adverse conditions, there are numerous benefits to investing in a high-quality aftermarket stock. Whether you're a seasoned marksman or a beginner looking to enhance your skills, upgrading your Remington 700's stock can take your shooting experience to new heights.
7 good reasons for upgrading a rem700 gunstocks
(1) Improved Accuracy: A well-designed aftermarket stock can significantly enhance the accuracy of your rifle by providing better stability, reducing flex, and ensuring a more consistent point of contact with the shooter's body. This results in tighter shot groups and greater precision, especially in long-range shooting scenarios.
(2) Customization Options: Aftermarket stocks offer a wealth of customization options, allowing you to tailor your rifle to your personal preferences and shooting style. This may include adjustable cheek risers, length of pull, and various attachment points for accessories such as bipods, slings, and monopods.
(3) Enhanced Ergonomics: Upgraded stocks are designed with ergonomics in mind, providing a more comfortable shooting experience. Features such as improved grip texture, customizable grip angles, and adjustable components can help reduce shooter fatigue and improve overall control.
(4) Superior Materials and Construction: High-quality aftermarket stocks are often made from advanced materials, such as carbon fiber or reinforced polymer, which can provide better durability, weather resistance, and lightweight performance compared to factory stocks. This can be especially beneficial for hunters and competitive shooters who require a reliable and rugged platform in demanding environments.
I(5) ncreased Stability: Upgraded stocks often come with features such as wider forends and more substantial bedding platforms, which help enhance stability when shooting from a bench or other supported positions. This can be particularly useful in long-range shooting applications where stability is crucial for optimal accuracy.
(6) Better Resale Value: A rifle with a high-quality aftermarket stock will typically command a higher resale value, as potential buyers will appreciate the improvements in accuracy, ergonomics, and customization options that come with an upgraded stock.
(7) Personal Aesthetics: While performance and functionality should be your primary considerations when upgrading a stock, many aftermarket options also provide a visual enhancement, allowing you to customize the look of your rifle to suit your personal taste.
Rem700 gunstocks features
Remington 700 Variants Gunstocks Comparison
|Remington 700 ADL
|Synthetic or Wood
|Blind magazine (no floorplate)
|Remington 700 BDL
|Synthetic or Wood
|Hinged floorplate magazine
|Remington 700 SPS
|Improved, ergonomically designed synthetic stock
|Remington 700 SPS Tactical
|Textured grip, pillar bedded
|Remington 700 CDL
|Satin-finished American walnut stock
|Remington 700 PCR
|Magpul PRS Gen 3
|Fully adjustable for length of pull and comb height
|Remington 700 Sendero SF II
|Aircraft-grade aluminum bedding block, Varmint contour
In conclusion, the Remington 700 is a highly versatile and reliable bolt-action rifle that has stood the test of time, winning the hearts of hunters, law enforcement officers, and competitive shooters. Upgrading the stock on your Remington 700 can lead to significant improvements in accuracy, ergonomics, customization, and overall performance. By investing in a high-quality aftermarket stock, you not only enhance your shooting experience but also unlock your rifle's true potential.
With a myriad of Remington 700 variants available, it's essential to research and choose the best stock for your specific needs and preferences, enabling you to maximize your rifle's capabilities and get the most out of your investment.